This Year
580 Points
Total
630 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Study Abroad 101 Webinar

The webinar, “Study Abroad 101” held on February 26, featured Vidalino Raatior and 2 global ambassadors through a hybrid session with 4 other online participants. They introduced SJSU’s Study Abroad program, aiming to inform interested students about the process and gains from attending this program. This session covered a range of topics addressing questions, concerns, myths, financials, and the step-by-step process of participating. This is one of the more recurring events I have seen listed in the WOW which raised my interest as to what would be discussed. I originally attended this webinar because my professor recommended that try out for the study abroad program to better our global experience. I was able to address some of my concerns with current global ambassadors and gained clarification on how to participate in the program. They were able to address any concerns that we had like financials, english-taught classes, transportation, cohort groups, etc. I wasn’t sure what to expect going into the webinar but they were very responsive and gave reassuring and detailed responses to any concerns. I learned about the necessary preparation each applicant should do to be able to consider participating in the program. From talking to a counselor in our home-based university (SJSU), financial considerations, and in-depth research of the hosting university. 

In relation to my major, it would help challenge me to adapt to unfamiliar situations and work cultures. Since I have been learning my family’s business of international trade, this program, in particular, allows me to gain international experience during my educational career. The experience promises to instill an international mindset that will be beneficial for future job applications and personal growth.

Skip to toolbar